Register Now: Information Architecture Webinar Seriesby Mallory Wood
ESTIMATED READING TIME: 1 minute
Broaden your knowledge of information architecture (IA) with mStoner’s two-part IA webinar series:
Information Architecture: Journeys and Destinations
Wednesday, April 23, at 2:00 p.m. EST / 1:00 p.m. CST
Information Architecture: Return Trips
Wednesday, April 30, at 2:00 p.m. EST / 1:00 p.m. CST
Each webinar will last approximately 60 to 75 minutes.
Who Should Attend:
Implementing a new, responsive design? Tired of hearing that no one can find anything on your site? Looking for some help figuring out where to start and where you should end up? This series is for you.
IA is critical to anyone who works to help their institution connect with visitors on the web:
What You Will Learn:
As a result of this webinar series, you’ll be able to:
- Design and implement a site structure that anticipates the many paths users take to the most important information and transactions on your site.
- Speak knowledgeably and convincingly about IA to other staff on campus and key stakeholders.
- Make a strong argument for the resources needed to do IA properly.
- Extend your IA into the world of multi-device, multi-session browsing to provide an intuitive experience at every touchpoint.
- Understand where IA lives in the larger user experience (UX) family and how the many related disciplines of information design, interaction design, and visual design interface with IA.
- Learn how to test your IA so that nothing is based on hunches or assumptions.
Nitty Gritty Details:
Institutions can register for individual webinars or receive a discount by signing up for both. Each registration fee includes one licensed seat. When you register, you’ll receive a login code that is unique to you and can only be used once. If you choose to project the webinar to a room full of eager colleagues, all the better! In fact, we hope you do.
Fran Zablocki has worked with information architecture in some capacity for his entire career. He revamped the IA for Nazareth College’s entire website in 2008, and reimagined the IA for SUNY Geneseo’s alumni website and online community in 2011. He currently works on IA with schools nationwide as part of his role at mStoner, including Miami University in Ohio, Whittier College, Webster University, the American University of Paris, Salem State University, and the State University of New York. Fran holds a bachelor’s degree in business with a specialization in technical writing and information design, and an MBA in marketing and information systems.
Questions for Fran?
Leave your questions in the comment section below and we’ll be sure to answer them during the webinar.