The AMA Symposium for the Marketing of Higher Education: A Preview
Next month, I’ll attend the AMA Symposium for the Marketing of Higher Education for a second time. The AMA (American Marketing Association) annually hosts a conference geared to marketing professionals in colleges and universities. The theme of the conference this year is “Focusing on what matters most!”
mStoner is a partner organization and sponsor of the AMA Symposium. And, Michael Stoner and I will lead an advanced marketing session entitled, Developing a Content Strategy to Support Brand EDU.
In case you aren’t familiar with the AMA Symposium, the website offers these highlights:
- 9X5 Open Mic Round Robin Session. Nine hot topics, nine super-smart, smooth-talking marketing pros, each sharing five minutes of their most unconventional wisdom TedX-style. Tweet #AMAHigherEd #OpenMic to suggest a topic and/or nominate a speaker (could be YOU).
- Paper sessions from a wide and more diverse array of institutions, including top research universities, respected liberal arts institutions, faith-based institutions, community colleges, and for-profits.
- Advanced marketing sessions presented by our most accomplished colleagues.
- Expert higher ed firms and agencies as presenters and exhibitors. (Yay! mStoner is a partner organization and sponsor in 2013.)
- End-of-day round tables, offered by affiliation and shared interests.
- Service and wellness events (CANshare and morning yoga!) to strengthen our professional community and give back to Boston, our host city! Focusing on what matters most!
The Higher Ed Live Conference Preview
Last week, I hosted Higher Ed Live for a preview about the AMA Symposium. Joined by my colleague Deb Maue; Quinn Meyer, AMA program manager for the 2013 Symposium for the Marketing of Higher Education; and Jason Simon, executive director of marketing communications for the University of California system, we had a lively chat about the event. Watch the October 3rd Higher Ed Live episode.
The Nitty Gritty