Interactive Designer (Chicago-based)
We’re looking for an experienced, thoughtful, and collaborative interactive designer to join our team and help to push our market-leading solutions for clients across the spectrum of education (schools, colleges, and universities of all sizes) to the next level and beyond.
You do web work, and you’d like to do more. You’re passionately curious about responsive and mobile design and are ready to dive in, head first. You’ve got a knack for wireframing and making things function on both touch and screen interfaces. You’re the kind of designer who speaks up and makes content suggestions. You have an affinity for agencies that do work for good causes–but you still want to get paid.
Enter, us. We’ve been around for more than a decade, and we specialize in designing and building websites for educational institutions. We’re a smart and collaborative bunch of people who balance great work with client satisfaction and profitability. Our work has evolved over the last few years, but we need an interactive designer who can help us step up our game as the desktop-first model of the web comes to a close.
We’re open to both freelancers and those seeking a full-time position. We’d prefer someone onsite, but if your portfolio is strong and you’ve got a successful track record working remotely, let’s talk.
• Self starter who works well alone and in a team
• Must have a portfolio full of digital work
• Must enjoy both prototyping and design phases
• Must be capable of doing conceptual work, as well as designing visual interfaces
• Must be capable of working in a group and taking feedback
• Must have awareness and fluency in web topics and trends
• Must show radical interest in responsive and mobile
• design celebrity: you have a decent following on Twitter or Dribbble
• mobile or responsive champion: you have some experience in mobile or responsive design
• evangelist: you blog and/or speak regularly
• trophy gatherer: proven awards, accolades, or memberships
• UX ninja: experience in several different areas of audience testing
• sanguinist: you’ve got a great attitude
To apply, please email Sarah Eva Monroe with a link to your online portfolio and resume.