Doug Gapinski | Strategist
v 312.375.2687 | e Doug.Gapinski@mStoner.com
I am a strategist for mStoner. What’s a strategist? I have an answer for you here. I started working at mStoner as a freelance designer in 2005. I started on as a full-time employee in 2007 after being cajoled by the charming and charismatic Voltaire Santos Miran. Other job titles I’ve held at mStoner have included design director and creative director. For a while, a few of us had sub-titles and mine was “mobile and responsive discipline lead.”
Things I’ve done in my time at mStoner:
• lead development of mobile sites as a product offering
• lead development of responsive sites as a product offering
• co-lead the addition of print services as a product offering
• co-conceive and design the UI of the intergalactic EDUniverse
• a veritable cornucopia conference presentations
• creative lead on several projects CASE award-winning projects
I owe maybe 75% of my successful accomplishments over the past six years to opportunities given to me and supported by the partners at this company and by team members I have worked with. How the other 25% breaks down is debatable, but it would make a really boring debate.
Selected current and previous clients, in no particular order:
Loyola University Chicago
Kellogg School of Management
North Carolina A&T State University
Oakton Community College
Trinity College Hartford
I was a freelance designer and art director working on web and print projects for a number of clients, including the Obama 2008 campaign, Sears, Kenmore, Lexmark, and Indiana University. I also taught screen printing classes at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago.
I have a beautiful wife who I’m convinced is the universe’s gift to me in answer to my childhood obsession with Wonder Woman, twin sons, and I live in a beautiful place that has many nicknames: the Emerald City, Jet City, The City of Flowers, The Rainy City, The Coffee Capitol, The City of Goodwill. I keep a small site of personal ephemera at minuti.ae and I write about multi-device design and development with Erik Runyon at responsive.ly.