Melissa Soberanes | Writer
v 773.305.0537 x 24 | e melissa.soberanes@mStoner.com
My journey with mStoner began seven years ago as a client. At the time, I was the manager of communications for the Center for Community Arts Partnerships (CCAP) at Columbia College Chicago. I stepped into the daunting task of managing CCAP’s website redesign as part of the college-wide initiative. I loved every minute of it, especially working with mStoner!
Today, I have the privilege of working for mStoner as a writer. I couldn’t ask for a better job: I get to work with a talented group of individuals at the forefront of their field. I write and edit compelling communications for a variety of higher ed institutions, from strategy reports and proposals to website content and marketing materials.
I bring more than 15 years of experience helping nonprofit organizations increase awareness and tell their stories through effective communications. Along the way, I’ve written, edited, and produced a variety of marketing materials; managed a national PSA campaign for child abuse prevention; led several web development projects; and secured some impressive media placements in USA Today, Woman’s Day, the New York Times, and U.S. News & World Report.
Following are a few of the writing projects I’ve worked on with mStoner:
- CCAP, Columbia College Chicago
- Illinois PIRC
- Loyola University Chicago, Undergraduate Studies
- Clarkson University, Reh Center for Entrepreneurship
- My husband Carlos and son Ethan (4)
- Black & white photography
- Leelanau County, Michigan
- Visiting family in Pachuca, Mexico
- Mole rojo, tamales and (real) chalupas
- Chicago skyline at night
In Another Life
- I started out at Michigan State wanting to be a veterinarian.
- I worked at Prevent Child Abuse America.
- I managed a successful website redesign for CCAP at Columbia College Chicago.