Online Course: Digital Storytelling for Higher Educationby Mallory Wood
ESTIMATED READING TIME: 1 minute
Storytelling is one of the oldest forms of communication in the world. Modern science has shown that stories affect us deeply neurologically and psychologically — helping us to solve problems, experience pleasure, provide pattern and order, and assimilate into society. In short, humans are wired for story.
Learn the essential elements for on-brand digital storytelling.
As we recruit students or faculty, nurture relationships with alumni and donors, and raise awareness and esteem in the community and among our peers, we tell our stories in order to educate, inspire, engage, and move people to action.
At mStoner, we’ve helped thousands of higher ed enrollment, advancement, and marketing professionals tell better stories. And we’d like to help you too. Register now!
This eight-class, online course blends live and on-demand classes to cover:
- Essential components and elements of a great story
- Six stages of a digital story’s life
- Principles for using storytelling to build your brand
- Audience-specific storytelling guidance
- Design and accessibility
- Measurement considerations
- Techniques for becoming a masterful storyteller
What You Get:
Two live courses:
- Digital Storytelling 101 — April 25 at 2:00 p.m. EDT / 11:00 a.m. PDT
- Accessibility for Storytelling — May 30 at 2:00 p.m. EDT / 11:00 a.m. PDT
Six on-demand courses led by mStoner experts:
- The Anatomy of a Story
- Storytelling for Student Recruitment
- Storytelling to Nurture Loyalty and Increase Support
- Visual Design for Digital Stories
- Illustrations and Infographics for Digital Storytelling
- Analytics for Digital Storytelling
You’ll receive unlimited access to the video content and slide decks — you can watch (and rewatch!) in any order, and the content never expires.
This is a great opportunity to offer professional development to your current and future team and colleagues. Register now.